About this website
This website is owned and run by Paul K. Williams, P.O. Box 324, Eshowe 3815, South Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org. (For a short biography click Here.)
For a long time I have desired to see open discussion of what is taught in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 in brotherhood gospel papers, but my halting attempts to bring this about failed. In 1976 I wrote a tract which had limited distribution, Woman's Head Covering In Worship. And I continued studying the subject.
As I studied, I found much newer material on the head covering customs of New Testament times, especially in the Roman and Corinthian areas. Finally in 2005 I wrote a book which is advertised on this page.
I am hoping that this website will stimulate careful study. It is my aim to keep adding articles, tracts, and reviews. I also hope that readers will send their comments and articles. I will use your name only if you give permission. I do not promise to print everything which is sent; I will use the discretion of an editor; but I hope to print representative material from all viewpoints.
May God bless us all as we carefully study to do God’s will.
—Paul K. Williams
Also see Why I Wrote the Book.
You can download the entire 140 page book, The Head Coverings of 1 Corinthians 11, by Paul K. Williams as a PDF for free. Download and Read Now
You can also get it in formats for your Kindle and EPUB (a format used by many ebook readers).
Also available on this website:
- Tracts and Articles, including:
- Command or Custom by Hiram Hutto
- The Message of 1 Corinthians 11 by Ethan R. Longhenry
- A Symbol of Glory from WORLD Magazine
- A Christian Woman's Journey by Serena DeGarmo
- No More Excuses! PDF by A. A. Bieler
- The Covering Issue and the 1990 Freed-Hardeman Forum PDF by Patrick Donahue
- The "Every Church Problem" PDF by Andrew Bieler
- Comments from readers
- Links to other resources for study on the head covering
- Covering-Custom Debate charts by Pat Donahue
- Exchange Concerning David W. Bercot's Use of Tertullian's The Veiling of Virgins
- Head Covering Woman is another website that has some discussion of this topic. We do not agree with everything there, but it may be worthwhile to see what is there.