About this website
For a long time I have desired to see open discussion of what is taught in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 in brotherhood gospel papers, but my halting attempts to bring this about failed. In 1976 I wrote a tract which had limited distribution, Woman's Head Covering In Worship. And I continued studying the subject.
As I studied, I found much newer material on the head covering customs of New Testament times, especially in the Roman and Corinthian areas. Finally in 2005 I wrote a book which is advertised on this page.
I am hoping that this website will stimulate careful study. It is my aim to keep adding articles, tracts, and reviews. I also hope that readers will send their comments and articles. I will use your name only if you give permission. I do not promise to print everything which is sent; I will use the discretion of an editor; but I hope to print representative material from all viewpoints.
May God bless us all as we carefully study to do God’s will.
—Paul K. Williams
Also see Why I Wrote the Book.
You can download the entire 140 page book, The Head Coverings of 1 Corinthians 11, by Paul K. Williams as a PDF for free. Download and Read Now
Also available on this website:
- Tracts and Articles, including:
- Command or Custom by Hiram Hutto
- The Message of 1 Corinthians 11 by Ethan R. Longhenry
- A Symbol of Glory from WORLD Magazine
- A Christian Woman's Journey by Serena DeGarmo
- No More Excuses! PDF by A. A. Bieler
- The Covering Issue and the 1990 Freed-Hardeman Forum PDF by Patrick Donahue
- The "Every Church Problem" PDF by Andrew Bieler
- Comments from readers
- Links to other resources for study on the head covering
- Covering-Custom Debate charts by Pat Donahue
- Exchange Concerning David W. Bercot's Use of Tertullian's The Veiling of Virgins
- Head Covering Woman is another website that has some discussion of this topic. We do not agree with everything there, but it may be worthwhile to see what is there.